Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
- TV, Radio, Cable
- Hispanic & Multicultural Audiences
- TV/Radio/Newspaper Websites
- PSA Production
- Celebrity PSAs
TV, Radio, Cable
A WestGlen client said it best, "After interviewing several PSA companies, WestGlen just got it."
For 42 years, WestGlen has held a leadership position in the marketing and distribution of public service announcements. We're proud that our 2011 campaigns garnered over 1.9 million airings, 20.7 billion audience impressions and earned in excess of $450 million in media value.
In addition, our campaigns routinely place in the top 10 percentile of all PSAs tracked by Nielsen's SIGMA.
(1) Talent. Our smart, dedicated staff understands that each nonprofit judges success differently. During preliminary calls, they learn what's important to you and customize a plan that helps you achieve your goals.
(2) Customer Service. We believe in long term relationships with our clients. In order to forge close and trusted relationships, we must be responsive and flexible. We're flattered that many nonprofits return to us year after year.
(3) Accurate and reliable reports. We are committed to providing you with data you can trust. We do not use formulas to arrive at audience impressions or media values; rather, we hold subscriptions to third-party sources (like Nielsen, Arbitron, and SQAD). Having reliable data is especially important for nonprofits reporting their media values to the IRS as in-kind contributions.
Beyond traditional distribution to television, radio, and cable, we take many of our clients' campaigns out-of-home and online, through outdoor billboards, bus and taxi-top placements, airport and mall postings, internet banners, blogger engagement, media websites and one-of-a-kind partnerships with Pandora, Hulu, and Yahoo!
If you are interested in capturing the attention of Hispanic or multicultural audiences, we offer in-house expertise to assure your campaign is culturally relevant.
Having these services - traditional, out-of-home, online and multicultural -- and specialized expertise in-house, allows us to provide innovative and integrated campaign recommendations.
While traditional PSA campaigns to TV, radio, cable and out-of-home media are highly successful and the mainstay of our business, WestGlen has also developed a series of services to reach and motivate targeted audience groups online.
Banner Placements - awareness banners are pitched to or placed on media and consumer websites reaching the target audience and featuring appropriate editorial for the campaign messaging. Viewers can watch your PSA online and link back to your website for more information.
Blogger Engagement - our experienced publicists encourage bloggers to support your campaign with posts, badges, banners, or text links. They can even coordinate phone or email interviews with your spokesperson.
A WestGlen Exclusive:
iMedia Network -- our network of television, radio and newspaper websites includes top markets like New York, Los Angles and Washington. Sites support PSA campaigns with direct video/audio placements or awareness banners.
In addition, our unique partnerships with Yahoo! and Pandora allow us to geographically or demographically target your message.
Hispanic & Multicultural Audiences
The Hispanic media is grossly underserved and receive comparatively fewer PSAs than their mainstream counterparts. WestGlen's in-house Hispanic experts will not only work with the translations, but will assure that the campaign has a cultural relevance. Our Hispanic publicists work closely with the media and we have excellent relationships with the Hispanic national networks.
We also have extensive experience in reaching the African American community as well as other ethnic audiences.
Television, Radio and Newspaper Websites
WestGlen's exclusive i-Media News Network delivers a unique and exclusive way to get your message to potential viewers and reach more audiences by placing your PSA on the websites of key television, radio and newspapers.
- i-TV Network brings your campaign to more than 300 of the top TV news television station websites WNBC-TV in New York, WCAU-TV in Philadelphia, WHDH-TV in Boston, KGO-TV and KPIX-TV in San Francisco.
- i-Radio Network to 300 to 400 of the top radio station websites, many in the top 20 U.S. markets, plus content placement on 4 premier radio station websites in New York (WABC-AM, WPLJ-FM), as well as Los Angeles and Washington, DC.
- i-Newspaper to 85 local newspaper websites such as, the Courier News and Daily Record in New York, The Detroit Free Press and the Arizona Republic in Phoenix, with many more in the top 50 markets of the country.
Every successful public service campaign begins with the production of a compelling spot that draws both the media and the audience to the cause. WestGlen's full-time production staff has years of experience working with major nonprofits in producing outstanding PSAs that are creative, compelling and effective.
Our experienced producers can tailor the creative concept to fit the dollars you have to spend. From big budget multi-camera shoots on film with actors - to lower budget techniques that can look expensive but are not.
Many nonprofits turn to high profile celebrities to be their spokesperson. When they do, they often take advantage of having a high profile spokesperson by launching the public service campaign with broadcast news tactics, like a Satellite Media Tour (SMT). In the 3-5 minute television news interview, the celebrity can talk further about why he or she is has decided to get involved in the cause and heighten the awareness for your organization as a resource and leader. Beyond a Satellite Media Tour, other options include a Radio Media Tour, or Radio News Release.