Hispanic and Multicultural Marketing
It's no secret that the U.S. Hispanic population is growing by leaps and bounds, both in terms of numbers and power. According the U.S. Census Bureau, there are currently over 50 million Hispanics in the United States, with the population expected to reach 132.8 million people by 2050. Marketing research also indicates that Hispanic purchasing power is expected to reach $1.3 trillion by 2015. This meteoric rise signifies that Hispanics are one of the most desirable target audiences among marketers and nonprofits, particularly when it comes to creating awareness and recognition through broadcast news and public service campaigns.
One of the unique advantages of targeting the Hispanic media is that these outlets generally do not receive as much PR information as their mainstream counterparts. As such, they tend to respond favorably to culturally-oriented news and public service information, which creates greater potential for exposure. This presents a tremendous opportunity for corporations and nonprofit organizations to gain visibility with this important segment of the population and WestGlen is expertly positioned to help you succeed.
How do we do this?
WestGlen's ethnic media services and capabilities include:
- Strategy Development:
- Our experts, who have marketing/PR, production and nonprofit backgrounds, are fluent in Spanish and keenly attuned to the Hispanic market's needs and cultural preferences.
- Beyond developing creative and/or distribution strategies, our team can also offer guidance on other key components (such as a bilingual 800 phone number, website and/or literature) that can help ensure the success of a PR program.
- Production and Distribution of Spanish-language Public Service Announcements (PSAs) and Radio News Releases (RNRs): Services range from concept and script development, to recording, editing and post-production.
- Specialized ethnic PSA distribution services including:
- Translation/adaptation of distribution materials into Spanish or other languages by professional, accredited translators.
- Custom packaging that ensures PSAs stand out among the crowd.
- Targeted media selection/distribution from our online STAR System (Strategic Tracking Analysis and Reports) that contains over 700 Hispanic and other ethnic broadcast and print outlets.
- Pitching and follow-up by professional bilingual publicists.
- WestGlen's exclusive i-Español Hispanic Internet Promotion targeting Telemundo TV station websites, major Hispanic publication websites such as El Diario La Prensa, La Opinión and others, as well as a Hispanic multimedia news release.
- Satellite Media Tours (SMTs) and Radio Media Tours (RMTs) targeting the nation's top Hispanic markets such as New York, Los Angeles and Miami. These can be done exclusively with Spanish-language stations or as part of mainstream tours for maximum coverage and cost-effectiveness.
A cautionary tale about multicultural marketing:
A common misconception is that a multicultural campaign can be created simply by translating materials into the language spoken by the target audience. However, while Hispanic and other ethnic media outlets may be actively looking for PSAs and news information, this must be relevant to their audience and presented in a linguistically and culturally appropriate way.
Whether it is adapting a mainstream PR campaign for the Hispanic community or other ethnic market, or developing a multicultural campaign from scratch, WestGlen's team of specialists can help you effectively reach your audience and will guide and monitor your campaign from start to finish.